query about junk ts's

Folks -
Okay, they pop up on e*ay every once in a while, now often enough (in this case a PM66) to pique my curiosity. Why would someone take the top off of a TS? The saw on ebay is being sold without a top and I can't imagine the thought process that would lead to the conclusion "hey - this is a (insert dollar value here) saw, I'll just go ahead and take the top off and (do god knows what with it) and then sell the carcass on ebay!" If you needed a flat reference surface, why not use it, say, ON TOP OF THE GODDAMN SAW IT CAME ON?? Duh!!!!
On a related note, after looking at this saw, it looks like it is just beat to s*it. Again, how or why? Adjustments for tablesaw blades are hardly rocket science and yet this thing looks like it has been through a rock crusher. Ok, maybe if you were using it in a mill or something, but then you'd prolly have a bigger saw.
Just *hate* to see a good tool abused..... Sorry for the rant, but if'n you've got any insight...
John Moorhead
Ever seen those insurance commercials? Like the old lady who backs out of the garage scraping the side of car with the door open and it hits a tree? The commentator says "People do strange things with cars."
Well...those same people work in factories, cabinet shops, machine shops, etc. God knows what happens after the boss leaves :) A six-pack...a little joy riding on the fork lift...
john moorhead wrote:

--
Chris Merrill