Quarter sawn Maple?

We just got a commission for a kitchen of quarter sawn maple. Isn't this a bit unusual? Just wondering....
JP
Pretty, anyway. Ray figure's not large, but there.
The paying customer is always ....

a bit

Hmm. Yep seems a bit unusual but hey if it's what the customer wants.
Won't tend to warp as much as flat sawn and it is pretty. Mostly use the quarter sawn for Gibson at our shop.
Oh just so you know when supply guitar neck blanks among other items.
D. Mo

a bit

Cool. I've probably seen some of your work then - at the Gibson shop in Memphis. (As well as on a guitar or two, perhaps!)
JP