Quality table saw

Browsed the offerings, for education purposes, at Woodcraft this past weekend. They had three "cabinet" table saws: Jet, Delta and Dewalt.
The Jet appeared the best value for the dollars. That said the Dewalt had some very nice features. The base prices, probably not the best available I know, went from $1.300 for the Jet to $1,800 for the Delta IIRC. Sorry don't remember many features included other than a Bies fence on the delta.
What do y'all think of these three and please offer why.
I'm planning to eventually upgrade from my Craftsman contractors saw, which by the way has served me well. It proved to be a great vehicle to learn and advance my skills and knowledge. However I want to do some serious furniture/cabinet work, so time to move forward.
--
LoboMike

"If you seek a universal truth on anything, live long, study

The DeWalt is not a true cabinet saw. I'd rate it a down from the Jet and Delta cabinet saws. The Jet and Delta are fairly close. Jet is imported, Delta is made in the US if that is a factor. If the Delta is rated #1, the Jet, IMO is rated #1 1/2. I've used both and can not tell them apart when pushing a board through them. I do like the Biesemeyer fence. Ed

I have used all 3 of these saws...and honestly I could & would survive with any of them in my shop ... But letting the truth be known I do not get excited about the Hybird saws, neither Dewalt or the Jst Super Saw....
BUT !
My main reason for repling is the Fence... which I personally think is a more important choice to make then the choice of which brand of saw to purchase...
I can not comment on the Bies-clones because I actually stopped looking at fences the same day I installed a Biesemeyer on my saw more then 10 years ago....
So look carefully at your choices in fences..., play with them , yank them off the saw, slide them around etc ..find the one you like....
THEN FLIP A COIN on what brand saw to buy....
Bob Griffiths for the record...I run an. OLD .(.BLUE in COLOR) Jet ..with a Homeshop Biesemeyer... which I purchased new in the mid to late 80's...
The Dewalt is a Hybrid saw, not a true cabinet saw. The Jet depending on the model may be a hybrid too. It's real cabinet saw if the motor is 3HP and the model starts w/ "JTAS".
I too, did the upgrade from the Craftsman and went to a "true" cabinet saw, because I had been doing this hobby long enough to know for sure that I planned on doing it for the next couple decades and I wanted to never have to "upgrade" again. YMMV
Your short list should include:
Delta Unisaw JET JTAS General 350 Grizzly 1023??? Powermatic 66
I'm not saying that everyone needs a $1500 saw. I am saying that it appears that you have been at this long enough to know that you will continue doing it for a long time. And, since you're asking about cabinet saw's, they are not out of your financial reach.
I don't **need** my JTAS, but it has provided me with more than my money's worth of enjoyment.
BTW, **none** of the above saws suck; any of them will put a long-lasting grin on your face.
-Steve

I may be wrong here but I don't think you will find a Powermatic 66 anywhere near 1500.00 new....
Philski
Stephen M wrote:

And the Grizz saw is considerably less.
I was making describing a general price point for group of cabinet saws mentioned....
-s
LoboMike asks:

I don't know whether you're listing the Jet cabinet saw or their "super" saw, but the DeWalt is not a cabinet saw. The Delta should be the Unisaw for that price, with a pile of extra equipment.
Given a choice, I'd pick either the Jet cabinet saw (not the super saw) or the Unisaw, but at those prices, I'd check the equipment list carefully. Among other things, on the Delta at 1800 smackers, you'd need a top quality blade added, the 50" Biese or Unifence, table and undershelf, and a couple other fairly decent pieces of gear.
Post the actual features of the saws if you want some kind of sensible comparison: what you have posted is almost like comparing studio apartments to penthouses, without knowing which is on the first floor and which on the roof.
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
When I was looking last year, I decided on the Unisaw. The trunions were heavier. This is probably not a real issue for a home user, but.......
LoboMike wrote:

Do you live near TN? if so you can get refurbed Delta Unisaws in Sevierville TN for under $1000.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"LoboMike" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Thanx, I am in NC, so if Sevierville is in eastern TN I could do it. I'll check the map.
--
LoboMike

"If you seek a universal truth on anything, live long, study
Can you suppy me with ph/address for this?
Thanks, H.

Sevierville is just across from NC. What is the contact to pursue one of these?
TIA
--
LoboMike

"If you seek a universal truth on anything, live long, study
Hi, you can get directions to the stores at: www.workshoptools.com

Thanx everyone, this was exactly what I was looking for. I am in the preliminary stages of due diligence, therefore a general query.
FWIW the three saws I referenced were floor models at Woodcraft in GSO and yes all featured up as suggested in the pricing. Once I have a clear definition of my desires and perceived preferred model I'll be back for confirmation of features and prices.
Anyone with a good used model available let me know.
Thanx again,