Quality Router Bits

Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost an arm and a leg.

www.infinitytools.com www.routerbits.com Good bits are not cheap and cheap bits can often be expensive.

I second the Infinity bits. Excellent quality at reasonable prices. Here are a couple reviews of their bits: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/infinitykitchenset.htm http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/infinityrouterbits.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - WoodHaven Biscuit Master - Veritas Saddle Square - EZ Smart Guide System - Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander - Incra V27 Miter Gauge - GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner ------------------------------------------------------------

Seems that way.
I like these guys. http://www.carbide.com/home.cfm
Tom wrote:

Grizzly
--
dadiOH
____________________________
Tom wrote:

Tom wrote:

If you don't care about the results, use the cheapest garbarge you can find.
If you want to buy it once and have them do the job, then buy CMT or equal.
Lew
check out Woodline and MLCS.

Whiteside my friend...made in the USA by the Whiteside family... employing Americans for America....highest quality......most profiles would last a hobbiest for life. If it does'nt say Whiteside......it does'nt go in my router bit cabinet!
Mike
Dido on the Whiteside bits, highest Vicker rating on the market. Outlast others two to one, I run a Cabinet shop and also do Solid Surface counter tops. Whiteside last longer then any other bit I have found. Thick carbide for extra sharpening when needed.
Ken

Howdy Ken!
I only do solid surface fabrication (year 18), aside from granite and e-stone brokerage and kitchen design...
Last longer than than Velepec and Amana? Then I will try to get some Whiteside bits.
I spend a small fortune on sharpening. You know as well as I that dull bits just increase the sanding by quite a margin.....paper and time. What brands of SS make you happy? Generic adhesives or factory?
Rob
www.topworks.ca
I stay busy with Swanstone, I use their adhesives, and also do Thin Slap Granite, new on the market. As for Velepec, not too many people know of them, but it still would be a toss up as far as keeping an edge. I have compared many other bits next to Whiteside and I have never had a Whiteside chip or break and have sharpened many times. The other brands chip and have had a carbide.com down shear 1/2" bit snap in half, $70.00 gone. Corian will crack Formica will chip so on never had a recall with Swanstone. 3years later no warranty call either. True love is still woodworking, SS pays better, much better.
Ken

Almost forgot, I have a router top made from Swanstone, with Master lift in it ,works great , has for about 2 years.
Ken

Woodline would be for cheap; not for quality.
Joe wrote:

I think there was a wiseman/or wiseass on this group that once said " A cheap router bit may indeed cost you an arm or a leg". Think about whats cheap and spinning at 30K rpms right in front of the ...um ...unit that gives you the most pleasure in life. Amana or CMT get my vote
Knothead
You've gotten a lot of good answers. I see you haven't responded to anyone.
Dave
Tom wrote:

I have been taking all the comments in. I looks like most have recommended the Whiteside.
I just placed an order for 5 Whiteside bits.
THANK YOU ALL.

:)
Glad you are ordering something worth while. Every time I go to a woodworking show, I have to fight the urge to tell anyone hanging around the Woodline router bits to turn and run! They don't usually have a busy booth...it's no wonder.
Dave
Tom wrote:

Good choice.