Q: Sandpaper- bulk pricing.

Need advice/help from those of you who usually buy supplies in bulk. These prices sure seem better than what I usually see locally at the Borg, but frankly, I have _no_ experience with pricing out 50-packs, so I could be way off base here.

Never really paid much attention to grit composition either. ("Hey, it either sands or it doesn't.") So if, in your experience, this stuff is garbage speak right up.

But dang-- Grit ranges from about boulder sized, up to a microscopic gazillion grit. At a quarter or so a sheet, how bad could it be? ;>

Appreciate your input, thanks.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Can't speak for or against the company, but silicon carbide is the preferred wet and dry abrasive (dry only is a pale gray color usually). Best for rubbing out, sanding between coats.

Obviously, the coarser grits would be useful for cleaning up and taking down to size, too. If I weren't semi-packing to move, I'd order a pack or 2 to check the stuff out. Might make a fantastic paper for Scary Sharp, too, running all the way to 2500 grit and letting you go with a slurry if you want, or plain ol' dry.

Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Reply to
Charlie Self

you might want to try

Looks like they have some of the same papers available there. Would pay to compare pricing. I've started using their RHYNO brand of sandpapers and I'm pretty impressed with the quality and the longevity of the product.

FWIW Gary

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>"

Reply to
Gary

Yep, pretty much what I was thinking. Send me your new address. At

50 sheets per, I'll never go through that much of the higher grits. (Famous last words.) I'll mail ya some.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

If you truly want to buy in bulk, say 100 pc minimum for any item, find a good local hardware store and get a bid.

I buy 9"x16 grit and 4-1/2"x24 grit resin discs this way at a price level none of the on-line places can touch.

Your bulk purchase helps the store meet minimum order quantities and they reward you for it, or at least my source does.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Now that's an offer I can't refuse. Don't even want to.

But you may be amazed at how fast they go.

Charlie Self "Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped teething." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

I have found that a paper with a higher quality media will sand better and longer than the cheap stuff. But 9 times out of 10 the paper tears before is ever gets close to wearing out.

I have been us>

Reply to
Oughtsix