Q Harbor Freight HVLP SPRAYERS

Has anyone used any of the cheap Harbor Freight HVLP sprayers? I see some listed in the $50-$60 price range and under. I need to paint a new shed (12X20) and possibly some of my house. I do not want to put much money into the sprayer as I do not think I will use it for much else. I am looking for a sprayer that will be quicker and possibly do a better job than the ones that I have now. I have a Craftsman 1 Qt. sprayer, which I have not used yet which came with the compressor I bought. Thanks for any thoughts or experiances in advance.

Email address bunged... remove the "s" at the end of atts.net

Reply to
C Cole

If you are talking latex I'd suggest renting an airless sprayer. While the HF and Rockler units may handle common wood stain and finishes well, they may be a bit underpowered for a latex without extensive thinning.

There is also the 1 QT thing. You'd spend more time filling the cup then you would spraying.

Reply to
Mike G

I agree, wrong tool for the job. I've seen re-conditioned Wagner sprayers on the web for similar or less money and think some of them have 1 gal capacity. Haven't checked the rental market and that may well be the best route.

Bernard R.

Reply to
Bernard Randall

Thanks Mike and everyone else who replied I will look into renting a sprayer soon as the weather turns warmer. That may be the quickest and cheapest way to get the job done. C Cole

Reply to
C Cole

Glad I could help

Good luck