Q: grain orientation for exposed splines

It seems to me that no matter how you cut it, corner splines are gonna' show 45 deg grain.
How do you guys cut your splines?
Long grain perpendicular to miter joint? Long grain parallel to miter joint?
Thnaks a heap, -Zz

Like Tawm does, I bend the wood 90 degrees so it shows only face grain.
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
Zz Yzx wrote:

Strong & yes

Weak & no.
--