Q: Gluing Raised Panels

When gluing raised panels, why clamp across the rails? Wouldn't this cause the panel to be too tight? I always see pics of people clamping panels with

4 clamps (2 across the rails, 2 across the stiles). It seems to me that 2 clamps across the stiles is all that is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Dembroge

Reply to
Mike Dembroge

Two across the rails is what I use, sometimes I will use a clamp across the rail and stile to pull the stile into exact alignment with the top of the rail.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall