Q: Aligning TX blade and fence

I recently acquired an OLD table saw, I think a Craftsman, with a belt drive, right tilt blade, cast iron top. Not bad for free. I want to check to make sure the blade is aligned correctly, and the fence is paralel to the mitre slots.
Before anyone replies with a long post, is there a good site that goes into checking this?
Thanks
Chris
greatgooglymoogly wrote:

No site but easy enough.
Do you have a GOOD Ruler? That's one with 64th or 128th on it.
Measure off the same tooth at opposite side of the blade's roation to the slot. That will tell you if you need an adjustment.
Same for fence.
On second thought you could look here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&group=rec.woodworking
Kevin

A ruler? I suggest a dial indicator that measures in thousandths if you truly want a clean as possible cut.