PW 701 at Woodcraft

Powermatic 701 mortiser is on sale at WC, $437 to my door, if I buy, and I think I will. My question is about chisels, Delta is what Woodcraft has, not Powermatic. Anyone out there that can tell me the difference between them? Other then price. Thanks

Spending thet much on a mortiser I think I would consider going with a brand other than Powermatic ot Delta for chisels. I'd be looking for Austrian or German makers.
AND be sure to sharpen which ever brand chisels you get. They are like regular chisels, they will need to be sharpened for best results.

I agree the Austrian chisels are better than some others. The Powermatic has a stone sharpening cone on top for convenience. There are some very cheap mostiser machines out there, and I would look for American or Canadian made quality. Some PM machines are made in China or Taiwan with poor-quality castings.