PVC board, 1 1/2 inch thick?

PVC board! I just noticed PVC board at the local hardware store.
Apparently it's solid material. So it can be cut, routed, etc.
It looks very inexpensive compared to some other plastics, for stock.
Do they sell it in dimensions like a 2 x 4? I need at least 1 1/2 inch thick by at least 3 inches wide.
Thanks.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 01:23:21 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Sounds expensive. How do you fasten it? PVC glue?
On 03/14/2016 8:23 PM, John Doe wrote:

You mean the Azek and/or Trex and similar composite product at the BORG? What they carry afaik is decking and trim pieces that are nominal 1X or 5/4 for decking by various width. The 1X is 3/4" actual and the 5/4 is 1.3" actual thickness.
There are some manufacturers ("PlasticLumber" is one but I've never seen their product at retail) who do make nominal tuba-X structural equivalents; not sure about a) whether Trex/Azek do or are limited to decking and trimboard or b) if they do, the BORGs carry it.
It is solid, yes, it has differing finish porosity and roughness on cut edges depending on the manufacturer and direction of cut so depends on what you need as to how suitable it may be for the purpose. It doesn't have the same solid internal structure as do the stock sheets/bars, etc., referenced by others that McMaster/etc., are listing which accounts for the pricing difference.

Since there were no dimensional tolerance specs on it I couldn't say they didn't meet them, and I had already found a better insulator, and didn't want to offend the shop foreman who had ordered it for me, so I just cut some off as though I'd used it and tossed the rest onto the stock rack. It wasn't as rigid as I had expected based on (mis)using PVC water pipe and conduit structurally.
Engineering personnel can easily make themselves unwelcome in the machine shop for many reasons, especially leaving a mess or breaking things without telling anyone. I had to be very careful in Segway's shop and patiently tolerant of engineers who messed up mine at Mitre. --jsw

Remember, with vinyl a vew minutes with a heat gun can correct most distortions.
The dominant brand of this in the building industry is "Azek". Commonly available at lumber yards and Home Depot, Lowes. Lower cost competitors are also on the scene.
Glue-able with PVC pipe cement.
http://www.azek.com/
Bob

I use several hundreds of board feet of Celtek Expanded PVC board per month. It's a common material for marine use, and works well for pretty much anything that must be stable and moisture-proof.
Plus, as Bob indicates, it can be glued with ordinary PVC cement.
LLoyd
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 01:23:21 -0000 (UTC)

the dust is bad
if you work it in your shop and you use your sawdust for other purposes then you might not want to mix pvc dust in