PVC and dust collectio safety

Page 3 of 3

While I agree that an explosion from saw dust and a static spark is unlikely, the work shop does have volatile substances that could ignite. My original point to my post was to point out that saw dust in the dust collector is not the only thing that could be ignited by a static spark.

Forty What? LOL
cm wrote:

Everything he wrote makes perfect sense to me.
I pulled out my grounds, as they caused clogs. Guess what? I see no difference, other than a lack of clogs. <G>

That was written several years ago by my friend Rod Cole, formerly of the Badger Pond woodworking forum (now defunct). He is (or was--haven't heard from him in a while) an engineer at MIT. I've long considered this the definitive work on home shop DC systems and PVC piping.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite