Puzzle Translation

A possible translation for those who were interested in:
http://www.altes-handwerkzeug.de/holzw/projekte/laengsverb/schwalbe.html
The construction is extremely simple. An either side trace a swallowtail (I always started out with the plug/tenon).
Next on the front make the diagonal cuts together, supported and braced. The swallows emerge from the back side-piece and then are cut and joined.
Push them in on each other to make the diagonal joint.
(Thank you, JOAT, for posting the address.)
Glenna
Fri, Jan 28, 2005, 9:06am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (GlennaRose) tries to get out of a sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods with: <snip> (Thank you, JOAT, for posting the address.)
I'll try to be more careful in the future.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
That last time this "puzzle" came up it was called "The Impossible Joint". I posted a GIF file that shows how it works to a.b.p.w. then but I guess it's worth reposting there - see Impossible Joint/Puzzle Joint
charlie b