putting an edge on MDF?

I'm planning to use some Neatform Bendy MDF to create a short curved wall in my apartment. What tool would I use to put a 45-degree edge on the back side all along an 8-foot panel?
Router bit with 45 degree bevel? Table saw with blade at 45 degrees? dick
"Mr Downtown" <"Mr Downtown"> wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:54:36 -0500, Mr Downtown <"Mr Downtown"> wrote:

It can easily be done with a small circular saw and straightedge or a table saw.

Unless you have a good table saw with infeed and outfeed tables, I'd go with the circular saw and straight edge. I've had very good results with this method using a sharp fine toothed blade.
Bill
Thanks. My brother-in-law felt a router would chew up the MDF and not leave a smooth edge.
Would you use it sort of like a saw, routing an inch from the edge so there would be some dropoff? Or set the straightedge so I'm only taking off the minimum of material?
Mr Downtown" <"Mr Downtown wrote:

General rule, saw to approximate dimension, then use the router and a template to get it exact with a clean edge. If you're going to saw with the router (nothing wrong with doing that by the way, that's _exactly_ what a Rotozip is, a router set up for sawing), cut oversize then make a finishing pass.
--John
"Mr Downtown" <"Mr Downtown"> wrote in message

You will probably get a smoother edge if you use a router and the appropriate bit, a Table Saw will do work also.
On Jun 29, 8:54pm, Mr Downtown <"Mr Downtown"> wrote:

I've read the other replies and all will work. I'm somewhat of a newbie, even though I've complete some fairly major projects, and I think the router approach would be the easiest (read: require less skill) than the others. JMHO
Tom
On Jun 29, 6:54 pm, Mr Downtown <"Mr Downtown"> wrote:

if this bevel is supposed to fit up to an existing wall I'd use a block plane and scribe it in. it'll dull the plane blade, but they aren't to big a deal to sharpen. your wall is probably not perfectly flat.
Some say the "scary sharp" method is best, others use a grinding wheel and stones...
;-)
sorry.
D'ohBoy