putting an edge on MDF?

I'm planning to use some Neatform Bendy MDF to create a short curved wall in my apartment. What tool would I use to put a 45-degree edge on the back side all along an 8-foot panel?

Reply to
Mr Downtown

Router bit with 45 degree bevel? Table saw with blade at 45 degrees? dick

Reply to
Dick Keats

It can easily be done with a small circular saw and straightedge or a table saw.

Reply to
Phisherman

You will probably get a smoother edge if you use a router and the appropriate bit, a Table Saw will do work also.

Reply to
Leon

Unless you have a good table saw with infeed and outfeed tables, I'd go with the circular saw and straight edge. I've had very good results with this method using a sharp fine toothed blade.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've read the other replies and all will work. I'm somewhat of a newbie, even though I've complete some fairly major projects, and I think the router approach would be the easiest (read: require less skill) than the others. JMHO

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

if this bevel is supposed to fit up to an existing wall I'd use a block plane and scribe it in. it'll dull the plane blade, but they aren't to big a deal to sharpen. your wall is probably not perfectly flat.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Some say the "scary sharp" method is best, others use a grinding wheel and stones...

;-)

sorry.

D'ohBoy

Reply to
D'ohBoy

Thanks. My brother-in-law felt a router would chew up the MDF and not leave a smooth edge.

Would you use it sort of like a saw, routing an inch from the edge so there would be some dropoff? Or set the straightedge so I'm only taking off the minimum of material?

Reply to
Mr Downtown

Mr Downtown"

Reply to