Purpose of Relief Cut on Back of Baseboard Molding

Damn NNTP doesn't send the checkback code and it reposts.

My apologies to any irritated.

Reply to
Josepi

Damn NNTP doesn't send the checkback code and it reposts.

My apologies to any irritated.

Reply to
Josepi

He used to until the new tools came out. Look back a few years and you'll see our friend, Tom Silva (or was it Nahm's young pup who left the show?), coping things with a power coper of some sort. I forgot what it was called, but it was neat and fast. It might have been this one

but it hs been too long since I saw that episode.

It wasn't this one.

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Change the "Copies" parameter from "2" to "1" ?

Reply to
HeyBub

Some mouldings are primed/painted at the mill, and therefore sealed. Less likely to warp/cup. If unpainted and left out in the elements and or different climates the board with a fresh exposed side can warp/cup. Mill both sides and things tend to even out.

Reply to
Leon

I think I heard him say on another show that since that material is synthetic it doesn't expand/contract as much plus he can glue the corners so they don't separate...

Reply to
blueman

Bingo ... the foam crown material is much more dimensionally stable than its wood counterpart so effectively doesn't need to be coped as it doesn't open up with seasonal changes in RH.

Reply to
Swingman

If anyone is interested, this one has a more modest price..

-MIKE-

Reply to
Swingman

Sure thing! You can send me some of that green weasel stew you were cookin up after Thanksgiving. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Not sure about the color, but it was the same color as leftover turkey, chicken, sausage and okra GUMBO, if that helps ... ;)

Reply to
Swingman