Pumpkin Time

I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson

t wrote in news:jq45g4td9eoljb0vfa1lpkpjifbfaikt4t@

4ax.com:

We'll miss you, tom.

I've been happy with Astraweb, $25 for now 160 GB of transfer. That'll keep most people going for several years.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Tom, I just discovered the free Motzarella Usenet server for my QWest DSL account, which has never had Usenet access, and it's working just fine for me. Give it a try - it might work for you:

Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

If Tom went dark at midnight last night, he wouldn't have gotten this. If any of you know his real email address, could you forward it to him for me, please?

Thanks, Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

att.net email address.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

"Dave in Houston" wrote in news:ArIMk.3483$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

I (apparently) had no problem wit my gmail address ...

As others have remarked, it might be good to get an address that is NOT associated with your ISP, since ISP should be regarded as disposable.

Reply to
Han

Well, you could always do what us internet challenged ones do and go direct to Google. I'm more or less caught in a catch-22 fix. Operating on a Verizon aircard, still using my old madbbs.com ISP for e-mail, but although they(madbbs) have newsgroups, I can't access them because their NG service won't allow access from a second party ISP. Norm

Reply to
Nahmie