Proxxon FKS/E or Micro-Mark equivalent mini table saw

Referring to this table saw;

anyone ever used it to cut aluminum say .1" thick using the 24 tooth carbide blade or similar?

Reply to
oparr

I've had the Micro-Mark equivalent for years; have always used the carbide blade but never tried to cut aluminum with it. It tears the thinner plastic sheets rather than giving you a nice clean cut - you need to get up to at least 1/4 inch before you start getting decent cuts, and even those need some cleanup. Aluminum might be able to stand up to it better. The saw itself is great; have used it for a wide range of projects, and for smaller items, much prefer it over my full-sized table saw.

HTH

Matt

Reply to
Matt