Prow house rafters

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this. If not, perhaps someone could suggest another newsgroup. My question concerns the upper triangle shaped windows in the typical prow shaped house. If the roof has a 12/12 pitch, the rafter angle in the prow wall will not be exactly 45 degrees. Are the triangle shaped windows custom made to fit this angle? Is the roof pitch altered to make the prow rafters exactly 45 degrees? How is this problem normally addressed?
Thanks for any help!
Tony
alt.home.repair might have ideas also.

<snip> If the roof has a 12/12pitch, the rafter angle in the prow wall will not be exactly 45 degrees.
What makes you think this?
IME the windows have been custom made to fit the house. --dave

???? If it's not 45 degrees then it's not 12/12. Simple geometry.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

Well, obviously. However, all the other rafter ARE 12/12 - exactly 45 degrees. BUT with a prow house, the front two rafters are swept back a certain amount. In my case, 4 feet. This changes the rafter angle by 6/10's of a degree. Not simple geometry, but trigonometry. 6/10's of a degree may not seem like much, but it is enough to cause a divergence of (in my case) 3-3/4 inches in 15 feet. This can clearly been seen. What I SHOULD have done is make the roof ridge 3-3/4 inches higher. That would have put the other rafters at 45.6 degrees but made the prow rafters exactly 45 degrees and negated the need for custom windows. Unfortunatly I already purchased the windows AND built the house so I don't think there is anything I can do at this point. As I designed the house myself, I have no one else to blame. I'm pretty bummed out at this point, but maybe it won't look that bad. I'll have to wait until we get the window openings framed to find out. Design and build you own house at your own risk!
Tony
Try alt.home.repair Good luck. Joe