Protective stripping on cut composite board

I need to cut away some material on a vert side board to ease access to an air bed in a water bed style containment enclosure. This will expose the rough composite board and the user to friction, chaffing, etc. I think there's some sort of stripping, attached either mechanically or by adhesive, that will cover this exposed material. I would appreciate if someone could provide a name/brand/type of this protective stripping. Thank you.
nb

What is on it now? How are you going to cut it? What are the dimensions?
Allen

I believe they call it Duct Tape.
notbob wrote:

Are you talking about plastic T-molding?
--

dadiOH

I don't know what type of frame you have, but I have built a small platform and put it on the bottom of the waterbed frame. Some two by stock with some plywood on top will do it. Just something to elevate the air mattress. It is easier and less messy then tearing into the waterbed frame itself.
I sleep on such an arrangement myself. The waterbed frame is very nice and I wouldn't want to touch it.