Protecting cast iron tool surfaces

What is the best way to protect the cast iron tables on my tools, such as my drill press? Thanks.
Andy Reynolds
I have tried, Boeshield, paste wax and TopCote over the last 20 years... I prefer TopCote in a humid climate.

The *absolute* best way is to send 'em to me, for permanent storage, and just enough use to keep 'em well broken in.
OH! That's not the kind of answer you were looking for?
A good *non-silicone* paste wax. Johnson&Johnson, Landmark, Butchers are all suitable.
.
Andy Reynolds wrote:

It depends. I'd say the very best way would be coated with cosmolene, vacuum sealed and crated. ;-)
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
"Andy Reynolds" wrote:

Before I moved, I put on a heavy coat of Boeshield onto all my cast iron tools. They've been sitting in a humid garage for the past few months with absolutely no signs of rust whatsoever.

I knew you'd know that one... Those darned Lil' Green An*l Probin' Baasta*ds are always showing up there. I figure they're stuffing their ships with Thomasville end tables.