Proper adhisive for veneer

Hey guys and gals. I need to resurface the top of a folding table. The paper woodgrain look is coming off the particle board top. What is the proper adhesive for a hardwood veneer on top of the stripped particle board? Would I use contact cement or just plain ole wood glue?
thanks for you help. -gdg

wwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeePLOP.
Mr. G. D. Geen wrote:

Yes.
Contact cement will be faster but needs more care in aligning the material before allowing the surfaces to touch.
Wood glue is also fine but will require more clamping time to cure and with very thin veneers may have enough moisture to raise the grain of the veneer.
I personally would use a contact cement but would consider a laminate or vinyl top rather than veneer for a folding table but if you like veneer go for it.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Contact cement is not suitable for wood veneer.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

...not to mention that the glue can soak through the veneer ruining any chance of staining it later.
Hi GDG, Take a look here. JG
http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/glues.htm