Projects with Trex?

Any thing neat to make with Trex scraps (8 to 18 inches in length)?

thx - jim

Reply to
Jim Wheeler

| "Silly Rabbi, Trex is for Keds!" | | (you *were* warned!)

Insufficient warning - needed red and white diagonal stripes around the edges (and perhaps a radiation trefoil or three would not have been amiss.)

*Groan*

Morris Dovey

Jim, Keep us posted if you do anything. I am very curious to see how well this stuff can be machined & what toll it would take on any equipment blades (ie jointer, planer). My brother has asked if I could make him some Mission Style patio chairs using some type of composite material that requires no maintenance, but I have been too chicken to try.

Has anyone else out there tried? What was the result? (I suspect dull blades).

Reply to
BiffNightly

I've used a round-over router bit on it when I had to rip a piece. Lots of flakes but it machines pretty easily and didn't seem to wear my bit any more than wood would have. I also have a few scraps just in case I ever came up with a use. I don't know about chairs, maybe if they had a wood frame and the trex was used for the seating.

Will

Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

I've mostly wondered if it might heat up while going through the planer, and then I'd end up with melted plastic everywhere :/

-John

Reply to
John Girouard

Hi all:

I've run a few pieces through my planer. It machines beautifully and doesn't seem to heat up too much or dull the blades any faster than wood does. However, the planer shavings become statically charged and stick to everything (planer, me, etc.)

Regards, John.

John Girouard wrote:

Reply to
the_tool_man

Holy smokes, there's a lot of Johns in here!

-John (the Girouard one)

Reply to
John Girouard

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:28:15 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) quickly quoth:

I heard this as a Jewish holy man on a South Sea island protecting the tiny Trid islanders from a brutal tribe.

"Silly Rabbi. Kicks are for Trids."

Carry on.

-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ----------

Poly-free Website Development