Projects for scraps

I want to glue together, (butcher block like), my scraps into useable small planks. I thought this would be a good way to whittle down my overflowing scrap bin and do make something nice at the same time. I could do a few planks each evening to pass the time. General I keep pieces that are no smaller then 2" x 6" - I have a 12" planer, 6" jointer so whatever the glued up piece is I can make good working edges and surfaces. - Is there a process or guide on going about this? Are pieces cut to uniform sizes first (most scraps are glueable as is). - What are some good projects that can be made from the resulting small glued up planks? - The vast majority of the scraps are red oak so cutting boards are out.
Any thoughts to offer? thanks!
trs80 wrote:

I made a flower stand with scraps glued together.

I don't know about gluing up scraps into planks, but there are two time-honored ways of dealing with scrap in my shop- chessboards, if I feel like doing flatwork, and segemented turning blanks, if I feel like doing something on the lathe.
good tips. thanks