Project Suggestions

Hi All,
I have about 18bf of black walnut @ between 18" and 20" long stacked, stickered, banded and drying. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what can be made from boards that length.
I seem to be suffering from a creativity deficit. any suggestions would be welcome.
WoodChuck
snipped-for-privacy@reid-home.com says...

lining.
--
Mark

My dilemma is that the longest boards are 20" long. It may be hard to build a round or square dining table from short boards as those.
I came up with a design for a coffee table, but SHMBO vetoed the design.
WoodChuck

You may want to think about about some larger keepsake boxes. This size wood would make a larger jewlery box. You might want to think about maple as an inlay with the walnut as a contrast.
Use Walnut as the inlay with some birch/maple? I used some as wedges into some maple quilt display unit.
Also think about this size wood as the drawer fronts to some other larger case works. You would then use Walnut ply as the case, with this size walnut solid wood as the drawers and such.
In the box world how about a tool box to show off your work with a coopered top?
Ron
You have some good thoughts. I like the idea of using them as drawer fronts and using walnut ply. I planed, sanded and finished (natural-no stain) a piece and it is really nice looking. I was planning to make a couple of night stands in the near future and I have already drawn the plans. I suppose I could use walnut ply for the face frame if I band it with walnut banding. Or I could buy a small amount for the styles.
The boxes aren't a bad idea either.
WoodChuck

Hi WC I`m thinking gameboards(chess),family hierlooms maybe. A fancy clock,a nice custom box for something you collect. Picture frames,crucifix or bible case. good luck
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:46:38 GMT, "WoodChuck"

A particularly nice sconce is one that holds an oil lantern as long as it fits your decor.
/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /