Project Runway/Next Great Chef

I think there should be a Project Runway/Next Great Chef type TV show for woodworkers. Give the 15 woodworkers a budget and a 2 day deadline to design and build something, and eliminate one each week. It would be great.
S.

It'll only work if you make them build runways.

and asked for a coffee table for a Sante Fe adobe type home?
S.

That would be Project Coffee Table, not Project Runway.
No points for you, for missing the joke.
Wed, Dec 5, 2007, 10:37pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@samson.net (samson) doth query: What would design if someone gave you 200 bucks and two days, and asked for a coffee table for a Sante Fe adobe type home?
That's a no brainer, adobe brick mold.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.
samson wrote:

$200 and two days... something with 2 x 4's and 10 penny nails comes to mind.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

A deposit slip and a thank you note.
jc

Yeah, rilly. You need to work hot chicks into it. I seen some of you woodworker types. Believe me, the show needs hotties...
samson wrote:

They called it Warehouse Warriors. <G>
I think I know what you're thinking, though... THAT would be great!
Norm would always win...
He can build anything in just 30 min.
Skip www.ShopFileR.com

Thu, Dec 6, 2007, 8:00am snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (SkipWilliams) doth sayeth: Norm would always win... He can build anything in just 30 min.
So what? Roy can do that, and he doesn't even use power tools.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.
You're right JT...and Roy usually starts with the tree!<g>
Skip www.ShopFileR.com
(Skip Williams) doth sayeth: Norm would always win... He can build anything in just 30 min.
So what? Roy can do that, and he doesn't even use power tools.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.

But Roy is always out of breath and has Band-Aids on his fingers.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

He usually doesn't even bother with the band aids, just bleeds and keeps going.
S.

I think Norm could be the first "iron woodworker". Lot's of ideas come to mind.
Montyhp
Sponsored by Saw Stop. I'm not sure if the person who trips the saw with a finger would get a bonus (for demo'ing how well works) or get booted off...
Mitch