Project dining table complete!

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html
Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome. Thanks, Josh

Josh, that is one fine looking table. Looks like you got some quilted cherry. What did you use for finish?
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Josh, you did a wonderful job!! Congratulations. Are you going to make compatible chairs to go along with this table?
Al
Josh, you did a wonderful job!! Congratulations. Are you going to make compatible chairs to go along with this table?
Al

Great looking table! Love the legs!
Allyn

Really, really nice. And I bet it just gets better looking with age, too!
- Owen -
Great job Josh.
Rob Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America. ~Ronald W. Reagan

I think the images need to be optimized for dialup users (I grew impatient waiting).
First of all thank you all for the very kind words.
to Mark and Juanita's finishing question: The finish started with a coat of a tung oil/varnish blend, then 3 coats of thinned gloss poly that I wiped on the top, and 1 coat of brushed on satin poly for the apron and legs. Then I buffed everything with steel wool and wax.
to Al, about making chairs: I've been asked that a lot, and the answer is no. I've never made a chair, and I dont believe I'm gonna start any time soon, especially since I was just forced to dismantle my shop. (we moved, hence the new dining table as the one last project). But I'm sure we'll run into some chairs that match well enough.
Phisherman, slow website: I didn't realize that all those files are about half a meg until you pointed it out. I'll shrink those down as soon as I get a chance.
Phisherman wrote:

On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, the inscrutable "Josh"

Just beautiful, Josh. And you didn't stain or poly it. Kudos! Well done. And for the next 4 years you'll be making a full set of matching chairs, oui?
--------------------------------------------------------------- Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications ---------------------------------------------------------------

In a word......cherry. Cherry now and cherry later. Always the most noble of all woods, IMHO. Good job, Josh.

Be sure you post it again after you paint it. Are you going to do it all one color or are you going to make the skirt and legs a darker color?
Aside from creating a cherry shortage and driving up the prices for the rest of us, it looks damned nice the way it is. Maybe you can get away without the paint.