Progress On New House

"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

If'in some one was giving it to us. LOL
Fortunatley my wife and I have lived in our current modest home or 30 years and paid it off 14 years ago. We vowed to not have another mortgage and we won't with this one.

That's the very bestest Christmas present you could have given to yourselves, Leon. Congrats and ENJOY!
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Thank you

Changed to smaller uploads
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281241/#/photos/lcb11211/5206281241/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878624/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878544/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206280873/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878366/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206280713/lightbox/
The cool thing for me is when I look back at my construction photos (to find studs for missed HRV wiring and stuff) is that the whole thing started out with a pile of lumber on the gravel driveway.
I figure I spent over $1500 on fastening devices (mostly nails) to hold all that kindling together for mine.
Nice going. Lots of luck.
Q. Are the stairs construction only, to be replaced, or will there be caps going on them later?
Changed to smaller uploads
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281241/#/photos/lcb11211/5206281241/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878624/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878544/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206280873/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206878366/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5206281189/#/photos/lcb11211/5206280713/lightbox /

Yeah, I have about 125 photos strictly for relocating wiring boxes.. Found two that the dry wallers covered up that the electrician has not relocate yet.

Stair are permanent and will be carpeted. In the future at some point I will yank the carpet and cover the treads with oak.
ROFLMAO. I noticed one of those at my son's house, being an electrical guy. Long bulge in the drywall and a place where a box should be. They fix it but think of the drywall screws that will not be tightened down.
I also caught one on a piece of kitchen country that had no receptical. Knowing our code I knew that a counter top of more than 18" had to have a receptical in it. Somebody had to hack up drywall....LOL Now it is where their kettle sits and gets used permanently plugged in there.
Remember if the cord can't reach everywhere it needs another receptical. Lamps = 6' long, kettles = 18" long. Pots only get called black and don't have cords.