Profile Problem

I needed some bar arm rail of a bar that I am making and saw a profile similar to the one shown below at a custom shop.

I asked the sales person if they could make mine ( two 12' pieces) with only the "bird's mouth" notch and not the smaller one. The answer was all or nothing. So I said, or so I thought, said in that case I will take mine with both. Well they showed up with none. So, I am looking for ideas on how to make the bigger 1" x 3/4" notch. The point of the notch is not at 90* to the bottom so a 45* router bit will not necessarily do the job. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

Could you cut it on a table saw with two passes? You might be able to make one cut, turn the piece around and make the other cut. You may have to move the fence on the other side of the blade to make one cut. If the blade won't tilt enough you might be able to screw a taller board to your fence and make that cut with the molding standing on edge.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

Dado blade tilted at correct angle?