Product Testing

Beware of a certain product that may have hazardous defects - the Human Brain. I put my Hitachi laminate trimmer to the ultimate test yesterday - got it caught in my flannel jacket! I was using a small cove cutting bit and turned it on not realizing that the lining of my open jacket was making contact with the bit, it wound around tighter than a drum and stopped the motor for a good three seconds before I was able to shut it off. Works fine now. Glad it wasn't a bigger unit.

Reply to
BUB 209

Remember to bleach your underwear after!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

LMAO.

Reply to
RKON

Reply to
jo4hn

I had a 4-1/2" angle grinder attack me once! I was using a wire brush in it and it got caught on my skirt. It wound up so fast that it slamed into my chest and knocked the wind out of me! Pretty much destroyed the shirt, but no damage to me at all. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
calebsg

Damn! I hate when that happens! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Hey, I was just trying to be polite and not disturb people with *genteel* upbringing and a sensitive nature!(BSEG) Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Yeah, all those usual warnings about loose clothing really apply this time of year. I tend to leave my sleeves unbuttoned because SWMBO shrinks all my flanel shirts by drying them too hot (and I'm too damn sorry to do my own laundry) which has caused me to have a couple of hair-raising "think about what you're about to do" moments lately myself. Haven't got hung up in any power tools though, so you got me there. Mostly I catch my sleeves on drill bits and such like.

Anyway, in this vein (vane?), I just have to tell this one. College. Copy center. Laminating machine. Blue sweater. Some customer brought in some priceless memory type stuff to have it laminated. I forgot to set the damn tension lever on the machine. I started it up, then leaned over it to look at the back, so I could shut it off when it had fed the item all the way through. Suddenly, it started reeling me in like a winch, melting my poor blue sweater all over the poor customer's priceless memorabilia. Sucked me up tight, and I was at such an odd angle that it took me a distressingly long time to find the damn off switch. Nothing good came out of that day at all. I felt like crap. Poor sweater; poor lady. I'll bet it was funny as hell if you were just watching though. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Was that one of them there ferdian slips? ;-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

.. I liked your term. I am partial to "100% bovine-extracted organic fertilizer"

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

After you get done herding the sheep and playing your bagpipes, don some dockers mon.

Reply to
BUB 209

obviously. and a _full_ slip, too. had to be, it bound up across his chest.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Something I did not plan on sharing here! Greg

Reply to
Greg O
[snip]

You will love: "ill-begotten offspring of a female canine". j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Qoute.

It's not a beer-belly, it's a "liquified-grain-byproducts storage system".

un-quote.

Supposedly from (*unverified* by me) an actual U.S.D.A. report:

"The male bovine organic waste impacted the rotary impeller."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I always thought it was a "Budweiser Tumor".

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn