Problems with rec.woodworking server?

Page 2 of 2
Upscale wrote:

That's pretty much how I do it, still somewhat a pain however.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Thunderbird asks me how many headers I wanted. I knew I wanted back to 3/22. I said 500, not enough, deleted them again, said 1000, still not enough, 1500 was just right... In other words, its your reader that controls how many headers you get, not Supernews. Motzarella keeps about 70 days of messages, you can get them all, or a specific number of them if you use Thunderbird or Netscape. Supernews, Motzarella, Giganews just keep x number of messages, or x days of messages. You get what you ask for or rather, your reader gets what it asks for...
--
Jack
Jack Stein wrote:

I know that, the problem is knowing what the magic amount to get is.

I get plenty with forteinc.com
They provide mine after the local medium phone company sold out to the threats of music owners...
Martin