Problem with thicknesser/planer

I have one of these: http://woodworking.jettools.com/Products.aspx?nav=ByPart&ClassID33150&Partp8531
I find that as I feed a piece of wood through the depth setting wheel turns and lifts the cutters. So to get an even cut all the way along I have to feed with one hand and hold the wheel with the other.
What am I doing wrong?
Mekon
--
Mekon

http://woodworking.jettools.com/Products.aspx?nav=ByPart&ClassID33150&Partp8531
Have you tried using the 2 locking knobs on the front and back sides to prevent this?

I have a delta planer with the same problem. My solution is to use a strong magnet to the handle and the housing

2? Only found one... I'll go look thanks
Mekon
--
Mekon

That planer appears to have at least two head locks. Are you locing it down between changes ??? You should NOT have to hold the handwheel at any time.
Mekon wrote:

http://woodworking.jettools.com/Products.aspx?nav=ByPart&ClassID33150&Partp8531

http://woodworking.jettools.com/Products.aspx?nav=ByPart&ClassID33150&Partp8531
two problems: Locking knobs not tightned Mine has two one on the front and one on the back Knives dull realitively new knives with a bad sharpening job once and the other just plain dulled to the point where you couldn't tell the back from the edge.