Problem with spur center lathe 3400

Hi There!, I have some problems with my lathe, I don't know how i can remove the headstock spindle (spur Center) rockwell in this lathe 3400 to put the plate face, I went to Rona, Home depot and any place to buy some nut 3/4( but is not working), can you help me with that, Ragards

in

Hold a ruler against the threads and count the number of threads in one inch. My suspicion is that your lathe uses a less common thread pitch, so a 3/4" nut from the hardware store will not work.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper wrote:

It looks like a left hand thread in the photo.
Joe Gwinn
replying to Puckdropper, Peter Queens wrote: Thanks, for your replay, is 16 threads
replying to Puckdropper, Peter Queens wrote: 3/4" - 16 LH

The drive center is a morse taper shaft held in place by friction. Use a brass-tipped tool to pop the drive center out from the other end of the hollow spindle.
message

What you have is the Canadian Rockwell Beaver 3400 lathe, as I have.
One, the spur center does not have a morse taper, it threads on as you have identified.
Two, the threads are 3/4" x 16 threads per inch, a regular nut will not fit it, but you do not need one.
Three, to remove the spur center, look closely at it. You will see close to the headstock casting, next to the spur center, a set of flats (not the ones on the spur center) on the shaft that will fit a thin wrench. Put a thin wrench on these flats and another on the spur center and unscrew the spur center. If you do not have a suitable thin wrench of the correct size you may have to purchase the thinnest one you can find and possibly grind it down until it fits the flats without catching on the spur center.
replying to EXT, Peter Queens wrote: Thanks guys, and Thanks for your attention, Im try like you explain, find the flat part , because the 3/4 16 is gone in my area I went again to Reno, Homedepot, Rona , etc and they don't have 3/4 16, and also knock the door in autopart store, not luck, so Im tried the flat part, Regards
in

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hillman-gr8-sae-hex-nut-3-4-16- in
https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product%81
I've ordered from Bolt Depot before and have not had any problems. Usually my biggest problem is weight--my wallet is a lot lighter after ordering, then I have to carry the stuff out to the garage! No affiliation--satified customer.
At any rate, what are you trying to do exactly? Is the spindle not moving properly?
Puckdropper
replying to Puckdropper, Peter Queens wrote: No my friend, all is good , the lathe work like a champ, I bought the lathe 2 months ago, and always i'm trying to put the plate to make bigger projects, but like I explain , my skyll in diameters, nuts, complete cero hahaha,
in

From your picture and description, I just don't see where the problem is. Doesn't your face plate simply screw on to the spindle? On the lathes I have, that's how it works. What I see in the picture is a nut and a threaded spindle, but once that nut is out of the way the face plate should just thread on, right?
If you're trying to make a face plate, perhaps purchasing one would be more effective? Taig uses a 3/4-16 spindle on their lathes, and you can get parts and accessories from Nick Carter at cartertools.com .
Puckdropper
caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com says...

There's a company called "Fastenal" that has offices all over the US. Try them.