Problem with Grizzly DP

I have a new Grizzly DP. Suddenly, I cant lock the spindle in the down position any more. When turning the depth ring clockwise, it used to stop at the top position, then I could tighten the screw and the spindle would stay put. Now the depth ring just spins and spins without "catching". Anyone know what the problem is?
Bob