Problem with Brand New Tablesaw

Hello. I'm a novice woodworker and just picked up my first table saw yesterday. It's a Jet cabinet saw, 1-3/4 HP. I started assembling it and while trying to line up the wing (die cast metal) on the left side with the center table, I realized that the top surface doesn't line up properly. After comparing both surfaces with a straight edge, I determined that the wing was perfectly flat but the center surface was slightly caved in - enough to fit two sheets of paper under my straight edge. It created an uneven surface that was easily noticeable against the wing.
Is this acceptable from a brand new table saw? Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Is it worth calling Jet?
Thanks for any advice.
-Moe

How straight is your straight edge? Hint: if it came from Sears or Harbor Freight, the answer is probably "not very straight".
You may well have a flat table, and a wing and "straight edge" that are not straight. Make sure you're using a straight edge that is known to be accurate, so that you know which piece is not flat and by how much.

Obviously either the table or the wing is not flat, and maybe both. Two sheets of paper is too much deviation from straight to be acceptable IMHO. I'd call Jet.

Doug Miller wrote:

Well, the straight edge is machined aluminium from Stanley. I drew a straight line with a sharp pencil on a piece of paper and then flipped the edge and compared against the pencil line. I think the straight edge is "true".

Izzt the Supersaw? If so - someone else posted a week or two ago about table leveling issues. Sounds like you have more of a "flatness" issue, but we could be onto a drop in Jet QC.
(snip)

I noticed this problem with my Jet after using it for almost a year. I called Jet and they sent me a new top, no questions asked and didn't want the old one back. It will become a right hand side wing as soon as I build a mobile base that is wide enough to support the right side.
-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry
Is it the Jet Supersaw ? I have same exact problem and posted it here a couple weeks ago. It's not a leveling problem with the saw as someone suggested. I do follow manual instructions as best as I can. It seems the middle table is somewhat concave and needs adjusting or replacement. I sent email to Jet and they responded quickly that my problem was forwarded to technician. But no resolution to date.

It's the cabinet saw but I have the same problem where the middle table is somewhat concave. I called Jet and they asked me to call them back after measuring how much it was off by in 1000th of an inch. I guess, I have to get feeler gauges and call them back.
-Moe