Printer ink for wood wash/tint/dye?

I was cleaning out the desk and came across some ink jet refills from a do it yourself refill adventure years ago. I was going to toss them and thought that they might be useful as a wood tint/dye/wash. It'd be strange coloring but perhaps with moderation and careful mixing it just might work. the next question would be what would be the base - water, denatured alchol, lacquer thinner, ... Sounds like a grand experiment to me. Thoughts? Yes -- I realize I'm wacko, so my wife and many other people tell me.

be orangy red looking. Die is more or less translucent - pigment is more opaque.
Majority of both are water based. Most can also be mixed with alcohol.

I hate working on printers... The ink gets all over and doesn't want to come off. If you start experimenting, I'd suggest wearing gloves.
Most inkjet inks seem to be water based, or at least they run in moisture rich environments like bathrooms. It's possible that they addressed that problem and more modernish inks don't play as nicely with water. Speaking of water, playing with tap water is fine for experimenting, but if you get to using it you may want distilled water.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.