Priming over Screw Heads

I'm about to prime some plywood that is screwed and glued into place.
I used a hand-held counter-sink and then wood filler before sanding, and everything is smooth to the touch.
The thing is though I cannot feel any imperfections I can slightly see a couple of screw heads and was wondering if it is recommended that I should dig them out and countersink deeper before replacing, filling, and sanding again. (After priming and painting it'll be covered with thin vinyl anyway).
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:30:53 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

of screw heads and was wondering if it is recommended that I should dig them out and countersink deeper before replacing, filling, and sanding again. (After priming and painting it'll be covered with thin vinyl anyway).

Yes, you should probably do that, Darren. It's safer than trying to just tighten them a hair more, refill, and resand. If you can see them with or without primer, you'll be able to see them through the vinyl. It telegraphs any blemishes and debris horribly. Wipe the area with thinner or alcohol to get it wet. That shiny look brings out the worst in surfaces so you can see every blem. It also cleans off anything which would deter a good finish.
Primer can fill small dents and scratches, but it won't cure proud screw heads.
-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:29:52 AM UTC-5, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'm confused. What do you me by "Proud"?
I brushed a little primer over the area and I can no longer tell where the screw is.
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Proud is a term that is used to describe something sticking above the surface. Some things are put together proud and then sanded down.
On 11/20/2012 12:38 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Not unlike a "woodie" ... making some prouder than others.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 11/20/2012 6:37 AM, Swingman wrote:

I was proud of myself until you said that.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:10:46 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

couple of screw heads and was wondering if it is recommended that I should dig them out and countersink deeper before replacing, filling, and sanding again. (After priming and painting it'll be covered with thin vinyl anyway).

That's where they stick their little heads up. "Proud of the surface" means "sticking up above the surface".

After it's dry, spray it with water and look from the side with a light source behind it. If it's going to show, it will from that angle when it's wet and glossy. It's your call, but I'd be careful about the smoothness of all the repair work. There's no going back once you stick the vinyl on. If these are going into a kick-around gaming house for kids, I wouldn't worry about it. But since you're spending the ducats for the whole vinyl renovation, I thought I'd mention it.