Primers

I have a mobil home as a second home on a lake. The cabinets have that cheap vinyl wood grain looking material on them. That stuff isn't very durable and is coming off, I want to paint them. What kind of primer would you guys recommend? Guy at Lowes say "Zinser 1 2 3". Any other suggestion? Thanks
TSP, rinse, and use Zinnser Cover -Stain....Their oil based primer. Or Kelly - Moore brand UNI- PRIME, sticks like hell !It's water based.If you have particleboard showing under the vinyl use an oil primer, won't swell the sawdust as much.