price of oak

And we all know hams are tight on the buck. NI4H Virgle

Reply to
Virgle Griffith

Ok Ed, George, I surrender. I think anyone charging those prices should be arrested for robbery but your arguments have weight and if you've run across suppliers like that what else can I do.

Take care Mike

Reply to
Mike G

Where do you live to come up with those prices John? I though the Borg at about $5 a BF was way high. I typically pay under $3.

Reply to
Leon

That is normally the way that S4S lumber is sold. Still, they must have seen you coming. You paid triple normal S4S prices for regular oak.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:t1Hwc.4828$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

You think those prices are high? I used to live in the UK. Buying quality wood is WAY EXPENSIVE over there, for the most part. But Spanish Cedar is a bit cheaper over there than it is here in the US. Comes in handy when you build cigar humidors. ;-)

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

I purchased about 100 bd/ft of red oak about two weeks ago. I paid $2.80 per bd/ft skip planed. Later in the day my wife and I were at Home Depot. She wanted to know why I didn't purchase the lumber there. I explained to her that the prices listed were per linear foot and that they were actually charging about $16.00 bd/ft.

Nova

Plane or unfinished lumber?

Reply to
WD