Preventing table leaf warping

I have an antique dining room table, quarter cut oak, 6 leafs were thrown out years ago. I would like to make some new oak leafs and I want them to last, stay straight, so on. The pull-out track when table is separated is four short pieces. Round table 4 feet diameter. I was intending on using 4 - 3/4" x 12" boards and resessing a 'T' metal strip down the length with some oak cross pieces. Will this work? OR possibly metal 90 deg. brackets on the sides.