Preventing Delamination

I was wondering how everyone treats their plywood to prevent it from delaminating. Specifically the veneer at the edges.(Especially that cheap plywood from Lowes, Home Depot, etc.).
Is there a specific product used to combat this issue before priming and painting?
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:09:26 -0800 (PST), Searcher7

Didn't you just ask this question a few days ago?
Searcher7 wrote:

---------------------------------------------------- What part of "dewaxed shellac" don't you understand?
Lew

I previously asked about sealing plywood to prevent it from warping.
If the "dewaxed shellac" is also used to to keep the veneer at the edges from breaking off due to cheap glue then no problem.
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
On 12/15/2012 8:05 PM, Searcher7 wrote:

Well for me I would put a solid wood edge on, glued on it does the job.
Mike Marlow wrote:

+1
--

dadiOH
On 12/15/12 8:38 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Depends on the lot. The stuff today seems to have a thinner than paper outer veneer. Honestly, I don't know how they can glue that stuff on without the glue soaking through the veneer. It makes you think there's some new technology that involves the thinnest possible layer of whatever space age adhesive is in vogue now. And that is surely part of the problem.
I've had some that adhered very well and others that I almost returned because the top veneer would peel off like onion skin. Once it started, it seems like a stiff wind would take the rest off. Horrible, horrible stuff. I always check it now, by rubbing my finger up on the edge of an end to see if I can get it to peel.
--

-MIKE-