pretty good (not outstanding) deal on 24" besseys

Page 2 of 2
J Coffey wrote:

Thanks, I did not know that, even though I have some of the newer ones.
This is probably a really dumb question, so go easy on me.. I've been earning a living from cabinet making for 4 years now and I've looked at Bessey clamps a million times in the store. I pass on them every once I look at the price tag. Right now I use 3/4" pipe clamps and Bessy "f" body clamps. I know when I glue up door panels I have to make sure the pressure is right in the center of the screw and I alternate clamps on the top / bottom of glue up to keep pressure even. My question is, are these things really worth the money, and will they make my life easier?
--
Rick Nagy
Johnstown, PA

The best price I can find on Amazon is $34.96. Where do you see $27.96?
Thanks in advance, John.
bf wrote:

the_tool_man wrote:

Sorry, it looks like the sale is over. Oftentimes, when they go on sale on Amazon, it's only for a day or two.. Particularly if there's a combined coupon offer. (Clamps on sale plus $25 off $150 in tools)
What I do is add them to my shopping cart and then go to my shopping cart and select "save for later". Then whenever I log into amazon, and check my cart, it will tell me if the price has gone up or down.. That's how I noticed it yesterday.
There's a website you can sign up to watch prices on amazon..it will email you when the price of an item you are watching goes down. I don't use it, but it may be useful to you: http://www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/item_search.php

Will Bessey do the 40% again this year or was that just an anniversary thing?
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

New Wave Dave wrote:

I think that was a one time thing. Wasn't it a big anniversary for them?
IIRC, it happened around this time last year (around the August-November timeframe) and was very heavily promoted.