Pretty big gloat follow up.

This is a followup to my other gloat post.
Came back from day 2 at the auction. Ended up w/ only 1 little gloats.
First one - spotted by my old man - buried in a corner of basically garbage under an old table. a Ryobi spindle sander w/ all the diameter spindles + a box of sanding sleves for it. Also in the pile - case of brass hinges, 2 coil air hoses a broom. 1000 ft of rope misc other "stuff" $20.00
Crazy stuff at the auction. saw 2 2 hp grizzly dust collectors go for $325 each. Brand new they are 250.00
plus a bunch of other things that went for way more than what they should have. saw a skil saw go for $125.00 a pair of craftsman quickclamps - $45 each. 36" inch planer - $500.00
Thanks Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
remove _ to get the correct address

If you know where we can get a 36" planer for $500, I think a lot of people would want to know.
todd
It was a HUGE piece of IRON. 3 phase and must have weighed 5000 pounds.

Isn't it funny how multi-day auctions seem to fluctuate so much? I've noticed this on more than one occasion myself. One day no one gets a deal because of all the over-achieving bidders, next day you could practically pay $20 and get the lot. Something to ponder.........
Jim

In rec.woodworking

I was looking at www.govliquidation.com yesterday. They have a 24" and a 36" planer as well as a 36" bandsaw that are being auctioned by the military. I don't know if they'll go for $500 but they might. Go there and search for "woodworking" and you'll get the pictures.

I've found stuff that size is virtually worthless in most markets. Usually production wood shops are closing down, not looking for equipment. A person with a huge shop, a liftgate truck, and a large forklift could make out like a bandit hauling away mammoth shop tools.
GTO(John)
Who can afford the electric bill?

Rob V wrote:

This is usually attributed to, "He who can move it name his price".
UA100
Exactly the case.
$500 to buy it - $3000.00 to move it!

"Rob V" wrote in message

You can pretty well judge the collective IQ of a particular population by doing either of two things - getting on their freeways, or going to their auctions.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/16/04