Prefinished plywood

In a recent "New Yankee Workshop" episode Norm mentioned prefinished maple plywood, with a very tough finish. Anyone know anything about this, in particular where I could find a list of suppliers, particularly in the SE Massachusetts area/

Reply to
Warren

One of my local suppliers carries this. He's on the CT shoreline.

Maybe if you contact him, he can tell you where he gets it. His source may be able to point you to a retailer in your area.

Now, back to bandsaws with multiple blades...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

He was probably talking about ApplePly. It is sort of an expensive US version of Baltic/Russian Birch made by a company in Oregon. It has Maple faces and consistent, voidless birch plys. Available prefinished with a very hard high gloss poly and available in some wild looking translucent colors too.

Any commercial hardwood/plywood vendor that is supplying the cabinet industry will carry it. Probably find it from any plywood vendor in the yellow pages.

BW

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

On a related note, a simple dado joint with prefinished plywood will have finished surfaces adjoining the sides of the dado. When glueing such a dado joint, is it necessary to remove that portion of the finish?

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney