Precision Router Lift versus Quick Lift

Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier and probably a little more acurate.....
For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html
The QucikLift says it all. The ability to disengage the lift mechanism to allow the router to be moved up/down without cranking and then engage the lift mechanism for precision height adjustment.
I have the unilift. I would have bought the PRL if I had not needed an adapter for my router. I have not found cranking to be an issue. I do like the accuracy of this and competitive lift products. I now see some router manufacturers are designing certain routers for table mounting to enable similar accuracy of height adjustment while in the table.
The Unilift and PRL have posts on either side of the router. The QuickLift seems to have the two posts on one side. I am not sure if this will result in any deflection.
The one drawback of the Unilift is that I cannot get the router as high as I need for certain cuts.
Dave Paine.

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those routers will do what you want the lift to do?
    --What he said. And if you want to have an accurate indication of height make one of these like I did; cheap and very effective:     http://www.nmpproducts.com/router.htm
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Nihil curo de ista tua
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : stulta superstitione...
Leon wrote:

according the the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on 0,001 inch incrments. According to the Amazom description of the Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in incrments of 1/64'ts of an inch which o s0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means the PRL is 15 times more accurate. Now the question is, Is 0.15 good enough for woodworking. I'd gues most readers of this would say yes.....
Never Enough Money wrote:

The 1/64" is the increment that is marked. You can choose increments in between. You can easily adjust half of 1/64" to get 1/128". After that with wood working you probably cannot see the difference with you naked eye.
With the .001 increment on the PRL, that is 1/5 of the thickness of a dollar bill doubled. IMHO you may never need that type of accuracy. Does your TS fence adjust that accurately?
They both adjust with a screw. That means that they both can be adjusted infnatly. The only difference would be the markings on the knob and that can be fixed. 1/64 is about .015, not .150. No.015 is not close enough.

According to the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on 0.001 inch increments. According to the Amazom description of the Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in increments of 1/64'ths of an inch which is 0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means the PRL is 15 times more accurate. Now the question is, Is 0.15" good enough for woodworking. I'd gues most readers of this would say yes.....