Praise to Knight Toolworks

Recieved my first coffin smoother a few weeks ago.
I have never used a LN but I can't imagine anything cutting as smoothly as this plane. Up until now I'd been using ebayed Stanley 4s and 5s, and I can tell you, there is no comparison.
I was recently using it to touch up some 8/4 end grain on black cherry - wow! I can't believe how easily this plane cut. Absolutely no chatter, just tissue paper thin, effortless, little swirlies - and the overall craftsmanship is exceptional.
If you've never tried one, I would highly recommend checking out Steve's home page.
-Dave
I second everything you said, it's an absolutly amazing tool, I have a few L-N's and it works as well, if not better than they do. And they are available at an increadible price!!! Most of the time my smoother works as well as a cabinet scraper, and is a lot friendlier on the fingers.
snipped-for-privacy@mackinengineering.com (Dave) wrote in message

On 4 Nov 2003 06:00:20 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mackinengineering.com (Dave) wrote:

Not to mention that he's a cyclist, so he can't not be a good guy! <G>
Barry

20 miles a day right now (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Yer preachin' to the choir, Dave! Nahmie