Pozi-cross screws, I hate them

Page 3 of 3

On 2 Mar 2006 06:41:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Amen to hating the pozi-drive. I used to buy the Spax uni-drive( a Robertson -Phillips hybrid) from LV in #8 x1 1/4 ". Now it seems that length is available only in the much hated pozi-drive version. I'm almost out of my supply of the good ones, with no replacement in sight( except ordinary robertson head screws). I guess I should be complaining to Robin Lee
I love the square drives for electrical outlets,switches and boxes. You can really tighten them without fear of jamming the driver into your hand. But changing the bits for every diff operation is very tedious. Why can't the electrical manufactures standardize the screw/drive size?? Drives me crazy. Square drive is a great inovation old or new.