Powertool racing. ON topic.

Finally a use for my RotoZip.

Reply to
RayV

Cool!

If one of those jumped the track that could be dangerous. Can you say missing toes.

It reminds me of my first wood job in a cheapo furniture factory. We used to have belt sander races on Fridays when the boss would by beer and pizza for the mostly underaged an d 1/2 illegal crew.

Ah, the good ole days.

Robatoy wrote:

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Anybody confess to seeing a tablesaw flip and move around on the ground? I haven't.

Reply to
bent

We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.

I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.

That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

Reply to
Leon

Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

Reply to
CW

Making it hotter too... hence the short life Tom alluded to.

Sortakinda like a Quad 405 power amplifier...sounded great for 2 minutes prior to destruction.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Pat Barber

Well, mine is an old Craftsman from when the name meant more than the front end for a credit card, but it's still working on the rare occasion I need one. Have to use a motor not already equipped with a drive system. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman