Powertool racing. ON topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyg9U1YaVk8&NR

Robatoy wrote:

When is it coming to my town?
Finally a use for my RotoZip.
Anybody confess to seeing a tablesaw flip and move around on the ground? I haven't.
-
Cool!
If one of those jumped the track that could be dangerous. Can you say missing toes.
It reminds me of my first wood job in a cheapo furniture factory. We used to have belt sander races on Fridays when the boss would by beer and pizza for the mostly underaged an d 1/2 illegal crew.
Ah, the good ole days.
Robatoy wrote:

We were a tad more mild in my carpenter days.
We raced belt sanders by hooking them to a switched outlet.
I'll admit that I cheated by dewinding the motor on my 3x24 Rockwell.
That was a screamin' bitch of a racer...for a few races...(rip)...
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson wrote:

Joe

Remove some of the windings off of the armature.

Making it hotter too... hence the short life Tom alluded to.
Sortakinda like a Quad 405 power amplifier...sounded great for 2 minutes prior to destruction.
Increases the current through the motor making it faster.

For a little while...
CW wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

front end for a credit card, but it's still working on the rare occasion I need one. Have to use a motor not already equipped with a drive system. Joe