Powermatic Vs Jet

Woodcraft is having a 10% off Sale Saturday the 8th. I am looking to buy a band saw. The decision is between the 14" Powermatic with a riser block and the 16" Jet. I have been reading reveiws and am more undecided than ever. Does anyone have any comments?

Thanks John

Reply to
<wizard2265

Fortunately Woodcraft will let you return it if you don't like your decision for up to a year. I just went through all of this and it was my decision to bend over and go with a Laguna 16HD. I was pretty disappointed with the 18" Rikon and it got better reviews than most all the Chinese and Taiwan imports with the top name badges. I, however was looking for a saw that will make smooth resaw cuts for veneer that does not require sanding before gluing to a substrate. The decision boiled down to the MiniMax and the Laguna. After comparing the quality of cut the Laguna won out. So if you have a specific task in mind that may be demanding you should PUT YOUR HANDS on the saw or see its quality of performance before taking it home.

Reply to
Leon

I can't remember all the details but I felt more features on the PM14; also have a friend who loves his. I tend to analyze and research a purchase maybe more than I should sometimes. I'm always balancing cost versus performance, and options versus standard, etc. Still, in the end, it's each purchaser's opinions depending on the work they'll be doing that determine value.

So IMHO, best value, it's Powermatic with riser and that's what I bought.

TomNie

Reply to
Tom Nie