Powermatic PM 3000 TS-Opinions

Page 2 of 2
The rear rail is just angle stock but the front rail is a custom profile that would be impossible to reasonably replicate.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

So I know to not go down the route of fence alone fur shure...thanks (at least w/o a concurrent set of rails from somewhere for a known cost, anyway :) ).
On 09/30/2009 12:52 PM, dpb wrote:

You'd probably want to use steel for rails. Much less likely to bend.
My bies fence has steel rectangular tubing with steel angle-iron on the front of the saw, and just angle iron on the back.
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

It's not difficult to get some of the high-strength AL alloys that are plenty stiff enough which is what I was thinking of. But, SP points out the Jet front rail isn't easily duplicated so that kinda' removes the problem... :)