Powermatic oscillating spindle sander

I recently acquired a model 14 Powermatic Spindle Sander at an auction. While perusing a Oct 1994 Fine Woodworking issue last evening I came across an issue testing oscillating spindle sanders - the model 14 I have included. Mine does not oscillate - wherein lies the question. Might we have any early Powermatic model 14 owners out there who know if a non-oscillating model was made or should mine be doing the ole up down too? It is an early model 14 as the cast iron top is not milled smooth like I hear the later ones were. Found no manual on the Powermatic site for this old fellow of mine (I know that Shop Fox or whoever it was they bought now makes a model with the same oddly shaped cabinet). If it should be oscillating, any suggestions on might be amiss? The sander works fine and runs quietly. Thanks for any input.

Reply to
voodo96

I don't have that machine, but I bet somebody over at

does. as nice a bunch of tool dorks as you could want to meet, and knowledgeable to boot.

oh, and say hi to keeter.

Reply to
bridgerfafc